The growing demand in commercial and military applications for higher data rates, greater reliability, and lower cost is driving technology upgrades in fixed site and tactical mobile satellite uplink transmitters. Higher data rates is the main catalyst driving the trend of solid state replacement of legacy tube systems. But it’s not solid state alone that matters. It’s the electro-RF/mechanical architecture that brings additional performance and reliability advantages. Empower’s Next Gen architecture utilizes embedded high speed processing and combines it with a “virtually connector-less” RF path to provide high efficiency and inherent reliability.
Features and Benefits of SATCOM amplifiers
- Unprecedented size, weight and power reduction of our amplifiers is superior to anything in the market at similar frequencies and power levels
- User interface and diagnostics capabilities built around high-performance microprocessors.
- IP addressable, embedded web server
- Higher Availability
- Higher Efficiency
- Waveform Flexibility
- Rugged for Mobile Deployment
- Remote Monitoring and Control
- Active RF Device Redundancy- Graceful Output Power Degradation
- Multi-Modes include AGC (fixed gain setting) and ALC (fixed output power level setting)
1750 - 2120 MHz, 4000 Watt
The 2176 is a COTS product designed for SATCOM applications. It covers the 1.75GHz and 2.12GHz uplink bands and 4KW of transmit power. The amplifier provides superior RF performance and is designed to stay ahead of ahead of increasing complex modulation schemes. The architecture is scalable for higher power levels. The l 2176 is a compact high power GaN on SiC solid-state CW amplifier. Standing 27 inches tall, it’s less than half the size of typical legacy uplink HPA’s. Besides the dramatic size reduction, the upgrade from legacy tube designs to a next generation SSPA from Empower RF brings greater reliability and improved spectral purity for increased data rates.
1000 - 2000 MHz, 150 Watt
Empowers Tactical up-armored model 2224, 1 to 2 GHz @ 150 Watts. Designed for rugged outdoor and tactical deployment of data com links.
The NEMA 4 enclosure houses a complete amplifier system using our Next Generation architecture so all the local and remote control, monitoring , protections and user GUI are identical to our COTS rack systems.
Custom designs available.